Own It Ventures Conference: “It’s Time. If Not Now, When?”
Was on March 20, 2013 at the Graduate Center- City University of New York (CUNY) - 365 Fifth Avenue, NY.The only one-day event for women entrepreneurs to access angel investors, retail buyers, the media and advisors. Pitch your business or products in any of the four pitching rooms and walk away with:
- Investment Capital
- Product Distribution
- Media Exposure
- Learn how to overcome hurdles from business experts in the Advisory Board Room
~Major Media Outlets like Forbes, USA Today, The Next Women, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Tomorrow's Trends, Story Exchange, to name a few
~Major and National Retailers like Whole Foods Market, Bloomingdales, Wegman's, buyers for QVC, As Seen on TV, to name a few.
~Angel Investors and lenders looking for the right business to invest their money and time.
~Advisors from Resource Organizations, law firms, marketing firms, the SBA, and business coaches will be there to give advice for growth in the Advisory Board Room.
~Inspirational Speakers like the Kevin Harrington- Chairman and Founder of As-Seen-on-TV and a shark from the Shark Tank, Jory Des Jardins- Founder of BlogHer; Aaron Sylvan of Lemonade Heroes, Kate Wendleton of 5 O'Clock Club; Alicia Syrett, Liz Sigety, Jeremy Andrews, Natalia Oberti-Noguera and others.
~The Sharkette Tank- The Winner will receive $5,000 in Coaching & Mentorship. Investors from NY & NJ area Angel Groups and independent angels like Kevin Harrington are in the Sharkette Tank.
~The Product Pitch Tank & The Entrepreneur Products of the Year. The Winner receives the Entrepreneur Products of the Year recognition with emblem & rights to use.
What are PITCHING ROOMS?
- Pre-Sharkette Tank leads to the Sharkette Tank- Pitch to Angel Investors from the Tri-State Area
- Retail Buyer Room leads to the Product Pitch Tank- Pitch to Retail Buyers & Representatives
- Media Room- Pitch to Media Representatives for buzz and awareness
- Advisory Board Room- Talk to the experts and resource representatives like SBDC, SCORE, the SBA