Frequently Asked Questions
How to become a Member:
Simply click on the Become A Member link on our homepage and follow the instructions. If you have a discount code, please put the code in the 'Validate' box prior to enterring your credit card information. You are on the right track when you click on 'Validate' and the discounted amount is shown.
How to RSVP for events:
Make sure you register for the event and pay the necessary fees. Also, let us know via email or phone call if you have any questions.
How to connect with us:
How to make a connection with Angel Investors, the Media or Retail Buyers
Please signify on your profile that you are interested in connecting with an Angel Investor/s, the Media or Retail Buyers. We will reach out to you to determine your preparedness for requested connections, and when determined ready, we will facilitate connections. Check the 'E-Crib Notes' when you join for up to date tips to prepare for your 'pitch.'
Frequently, Investors and Retail Buyers will be interested to view new opportunities. If you have signified an interest in either connection, your profile will be noted as such, thus providing a ‘sign’ to the Connection of your interest. When our Members are ready, we will let our network of Investors know. When they request a connection, we will facilitate the connection on their behalf to you.
Part of Own It Ventures mission is to break these barriers. A component is preparedness on the part of the Entrepreneur. We will be providing outreaches, questionnaires, seminars, webinars and Roadshows to help ready the entrepreneur for these opportunities. Your feedback and response to these requests will help us, help you, make connections and accomplish your business goals by providing the services and business-skill, development tools for Own It Ventures Members.
FAQ - Membership
How do I post my company logo to my profile?
Notice the ‘EDIT’ icon in the upper right area for the logo, click on the icon and you upload your logo. Keep all logos and pictures to 300 DPI.
How to view your payment history made to Own It Ventures:
When you log into your member profile, on the top of the page under the header, there will be a series of tabs. The penultimate tab from the right will say Reports and Billing. Click the tab. You will be able to see the payments made towards membership, products and events.
How to post to the Marketplace
Through your profile, there will be a product and services link, go through the link and choose to edit your products/service, and it will givce you a choice to add a product. Make sure to add a photo and description of what you have to offer.
How to delete a Marketplace post:
To delete a Marketplace post, go into your Marketplace listings and on the right, there wll be an edit button. Delete the listing from there.
How to message another Own It Ventures Member:
Add them on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin etc. and message them there, or look on their profile for their contact information and send them an email or give them a call.
How to post a blog on my Own It Ventures Profile Page:
To post a blog, log into your profile and look on the bar on the left hand side of your screen. Under your profile picture, there is an edit button above the Blog section. Click the edit button and that will bring you to a separate page that lists blog posts. Click the Add New Blog Post button and start blogging on Own It Ventures.
How to comment on another Member’s Profile:
You cannot, Own It Ventures is not like Facebook in that one can comment on a profile. However, one can view another member's blog, videos, etc. and contact them directly through the contact information listed on the profile.
Do I have to answer the monthly questionnaires?
Part of Own It Ventures mission is to break barriers women encounter as they start and grow their companies. A component is preparedness on the part of the Entrepreneur. We will be providing outreaches, questionnaires, seminars, webinars and Roadshows to help ready the entrepreneur for these opportunities. Therefore, when you are pitching to an Investor, bank, the media, a retailer, or a customer, you are ready and you Own It!
Your feedback and response to monthly requests will help us, help you, make connections and accomplish your business goals. We will be using your information to know what business skill tools you need and what we need to provide our Members. Through your responses, we know we will be on target and not wasting anyone’s precious time or energy.
FAQ - Technical Support
Are my personal contact details visible to other members and visitors?
Your contact information that is posted on your profile is available to members and visitors.
How to submit a question or business issue to the Own It Ventures Monthly Virtual Advisory Committee?
We will be notifying the Members of when the Virtual Advisory Steering Committee Meetings will be held. If you have a question or need some direction, you must submit your request to us at least one week prior to the Virtual Meeting. We will notify you of your scheduled time to join the Meeting and have your questions/issues answered. This is limited to only six (6) Members per Virtual Meeting.
Membership Cancellation and Termination
1. You are solely responsible for properly canceling your membership. An email or phone request to cancel your membership is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your membership at any time by signing in and clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
2. All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
3. In the case of Monthly memberships, if you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
4. The Company, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse all current or future use of the Service, or any other The Company service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your Account. The Company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
5. If attending the Fall Conference but wanting to terminate your membership, the conference attendee fee must be paid in full prior to cancelling your membership. If any yearly paid membership prepaid fee is remaining, the amount will be refunded to the member upon receiving proper notification and after any unremaining fees, including attending the conference, is paid in full.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
1. The Company reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
2. Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription membership fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Own It Ventures site (www.ownitventures.com).
3. The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.